So i am sure some of you out there are in long term relationships. well i have been dating my boyfriend for almost 4 years and after a while you realize some of the romance is gone. You are over that initial excitement every time he says “i love you” because by this time it is so much deeper than the words. Well just because a relationship is long term, doesnt mean it has to lose all romance. little things are the best romance. I have been looking into ideas on EASY ways to keep romance alive through various magazine articles and websites. Also, a lot of guys don’t really know what to do to be a little romantic aside from the usual anniversary cards where they write a little something to remind their other half how they feel. Well romance shouldn’t only last a day a year. so here are some quick and super easy tips that i have come across, and personally i would LOVE any or ALL of this… so go ahead fellas, this is lady approved.
ps.this is a G-rated post so sorry you Fifty Shades of Grey addicts, this isnt going to get kinky.
- once a week, as you listen to your IPOD on your commute home from work or school, pick one of the songs/ or lyrics on shuffle that totally reminds you of her/him. text it to her/him and believe me, just the fact you were thinking of them romantically on a random moment on your commute will be more than enough to get those butterflies (given that the lyric isn’t “you make me sicker then the days are long….”
- remember :Romance has a different meaning for each person; therefore, there is not a right or wrong way to be romantic. Learning how to express your love in the way that your lover will appreciate is the best way to be considered as romantic.
- When you have to fill up your gas tank and are paying cash, on your way back to the car after you paid, pick up a favorite candy bar/drink or a little something at the counter that made u think of her/him. It lets your love know that you look to make them happy even by little things and they were on your mind. ( TOOO SWEEEET)
- If you come across a store that sells flowers, or those crazy ladys selling random shit, if its cheap buy it, just because. write on the card a corny inscription to go along with the corny gift. You will both have a laugh when you give it to her or him. Laughing makes the heart grow fonder =)
- THIS ONE IS FREE… one night after a dinner at home take her dancing in your backyard under the stars. or even in the kitchen while cleaning up. You wanting to be close to her in a non sexual way is more than enough to make her swoon.
Write your lover a letter/email during the day or late at night so it is something they will recieve unexpectadly. It can be long and explaining how important they are to you and why you love them, or just a “hey i hope your day is going well, mine would be better if we were together.”
when on a long line , never hold back hugs, little touches on the back, or arms, and little unexpected kisses.
Well here are a few ideas… reblog and add some of your own.